I got a couple of cards in the mail today, both from the good folks at Baldor (where I work). One was from the gear plant, where I used to work until the engineering group was relocated several miles away, to the headquarters facility. The card was signed by my many friends and coworkers there. The other card was from Mark Wolfe, a friend at the place I now work.
I really do work with a group of extraordinary people, and I miss them all dearly. It means so much to know that what you do makes a difference and that you are missed when you are away. You never really appreciate what it means to have a job you enjoy until it gets taken away, even if only temporarily. I look forward to coming back just as soon as possible.
I just wanted everyone there to know how much I appreciated the cards and how much they lifted my spirit. Please continue to keep me in your prayers. I have no doubt my success so far has been due to your faithfulness to intercede on my behalf. Thanks again for the thoughts and well wishes. I'll close with this scripture referenced on Mark's card:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -- Jeremiah 29:11
Da latest.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment