Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad To The Bone

I got a card today from my aunt Barbara and uncle Darrell. It said, "It's no fun feeling bad to the bone!" Well, that's exactly how I feel. Literally. The Neupogen injections I'm getting stimulate the bone marrow to produce white blood cells. As a result of my bones working overtime, I am experiencing some bone pain. I didn't sleep much last night. I tossed and turned, trying to get comfortable, but just couldn't seem to get there. About 3:00 this morning, I got up, took some more Tylenol, and got into a hot shower. I felt lots better. I slept until about 7:00. Karen gave me my Neupogen injection this morning, and the pain started all over again. I take comfort in these words:

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." -- Romans 5:3-5

Yesterday, Dad and Vickie put in a full day's work in our renovation project. We have this big 16' x 32' room on the back of our house that the previous owners added. This year, we gutted the whole thing, put on a new roof, divided the area into a family room and laundry/bathroom, and started hanging sheet rock. Scott ran the wiring for us, Chris helped hang sheet rock and completed some of the electrical work, and Robert and Lori mudded the sheet rock for us. We now have a functional laundry room!

Mom dropped by today with potato soup, pinto beans, and cornbread. Yum! We are so thankful for all everyone has done for us. Please continue to pray for us. Next week starts Cycle 2, five days of chemo. While it's not exactly something to look forward to, it does mean we are getting closer to the end of our journey.

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." -- Phillipians 3:13b-14

No comments: