Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Wildcats vs. Hornets

Tonight's game will be the epitome of Friday night football in South Carolina. Two proud schools with strong football traditions will square off in Ware Shoals' picturesque Riegel Stadium. Our Wildcats will bring a 8-1 record into tonight's game, while the Hornets stand at 5-4. But don't let the records fool you, this will likely be a tough fight to the very end. I have always enjoyed the rivalry, since I have family in Ware Shoals and visited often when I was growing up. My fondest memory of the game was beating Ware Shoals 14-6 in 1982. I was sick and running a fever that night, but I didn't tell my coach because I knew he wouldn't let me play if I did. It meant that much. We went on to win the Class AA championship that year, and Ware Shoals went on to win the Class A championship. Their only loss was to us.

Tonight's game is for the Region 1-A championship. Both teams are undefeated in region play. The winner will get more points toward seeding in the playoffs bracket, increasing their chances of having home games in the playoffs. While Ninety Six and Ware Shoals are both Class A schools this year, the High School League has divided Class A into two divisions. Ninety Six is Division I, while Ware Shoals is Division II. This means that they will not face each other again in the playoffs and could both once again be crowned state champions. All that aside, this game is for pride and bragging rights.

I will go to the hospital this morning for blood tests and a pulmonary function test. If my white blood cell count is back up to an acceptable level, I will be able to go to the game. Please pray that it will be. I would feel terrible if I could not be there to support Blake in such an important game. Also, the Neupogen injection can cause me to run a low grade fever. Please pray that will not hinder me tonight.

No comments: