Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Night At The ER...

For the second Tuesday in a row, I developed a fever after my bleomycin treatment. It was a little over 100 at the time, so Karen called the hospital. They said I should come right away because my white cell count was so low this morning. They drew some blood for testing and hooked me up to an IV and monitor. Through the IV, I got an antibiotic and something for fever and pain. I prayed that it was only a reaction to the chemo and not an infection. After the blood tests came back, the diagnosis was chemo induced fever. Praise the Lord it wasn't something more serious. Tomorrow (today actually, since it is now about 1:00 am), I will go back to the hospital to meet with Dr. Sadurski and get my second shot of Neupogen. Please keep us in your prayers. We are 1/3 of the way there!

No comments: