Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Making A Comeback

A little over four weeks since my last chemo treatment, I had to shave this morning for the first time since my hair fell out. The funny thing was that my facial hair came back very fine and light, like the kind I first sprouted as a teenager. The hair on my head is also starting to grow. It's easier to feel than see right now, but it's there all the same. My energy level is also getting better.

Monday, I went to the hospital for blood work, a pulmonary function test, and a CT scan. The only results I have so far is that I scored a 99% relative diffusion rate on my PFT. Very good. I should know more about the rest on or before the 13th when I see Dr. Sadurski.

Yesterday, I returned to work. Everyone seemed glad to see me, and I was glad to be there. Waking up early again and making that long drive will take some getting used to, but I'm happy that I'm once again healthy enough to do it.

The new year brings with it the hope of better health. Like many, I have resolved to lose weight and get into better shape. While I was blessed not to have gotten very sick while on chemo, I actually managed to gain weight. Even when I couldn't taste the food, I was still packing it away. I could stand to lose 30-40 pounds, and would probably feel even better if I did.

Please continue to pray for us. Karen is having some back problems and is getting a MRI this afternoon. Pray that my CT scan is normal. If it is, I may be able to avoid having surgery to remove the lymph nodes in my abdomen. Thank you for your willingness to stand with us so far. We still have a long road ahead of us. Even with good test results, I will be under a doctor's care for a long time to make sure I remain cancer-free. Please continue to fight the good fight with us.

No comments: