"I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me." -- Romans 15:30
Week Seven is behind us. My last full week of chemotherapy is finished. I only have two more actual days of chemo! I will go this Tuesday and next for bleomycin, then my prescribed course will be done. After that, there will be more tests and more scans to make sure everything went according to plan. The blood tests from a couple of weeks ago showed that the tumor markers had all normalized. This final round of chemo should remove all doubt! I fully expect to hear that there is no active or living cancer in my body. Please pray to that end.
Now, to the next step. It is my fervent prayer that the chemo will be sufficient to end my treatment. There is still a chance that I could require surgery if my lymph nodes still appear enlarged on my abdominal CT scan. This would not mean that there is cancer there, but it's something that could turn cancerous later if not addressed. I would REALLY like to avoid surgery if at all possible. Still, I realize that I haven't had a lot to say about which direction this thing has taken so far, and that's OK. I realize that my fate is in much more capable hands than mine. The Lord has taken me this far and has been so good to me! If surgery is in my future, I will obediently follow as I have done so far. I just wanted to let you know the desire of MY heart. Who knows? Maybe he's thinking the same thing!
Please pray that God will give me grace to trust him day by day, wherever he may lead.
Da latest.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment