I went to the hospital about 8:15 this morning. I had some blood drawn for testing, then waited for chemotherapy. The Cancer Center was very busy, so I didn't actually get started until about 10:00. Our nurse, Sandy was on vacation, so Celia did my chemo today. She did a good job. Today was etoposide and cisplatin. Cisplatin can cause kidney damage if left in the body too long, so they give you plenty of fluids to help flush it out, then measure your output. My output was a little over 3 liters today. I know, not exactly dinner table conversation, but thought I did pretty good. Dr. Sadurski dropped by and asked about my pulmonary function test Friday. It was pretty good except for my diffusion rate, which had dropped. This is the rate at which gases are exchanged in the lungs. Although my rate was still considered in the "normal range", Dr. Sadurski ordered another PFT for tomorrow morning. Just wanting to be extra careful since tomorrow I am scheduled to get bleomycin, and that's the one that can cause lung damage.
Please pray for a good result tomorrow, and that the bleomycin is killing cancer cells and not causing unwanted damage. Thank you as always for your faithfulness to lift me up. God is always good, and He is still in control.
Da latest.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment