Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yesterday


When I returned from the hospital yesterday, I started feeling not-so-good. I had just received my second dose of Bleomycin and felt I was tolerating it pretty well. It started as a minor pain in the back of my throat that hurt a little when I swallowed. It felt like the beginning of a sore throat. I took a short nap, and when I awoke, I felt feverish. I took my temperature, and it was a little over 100. I called Karen to let her know, then called the cancer center to talk to a nurse. It climbed to 101, even flirted with 102 for a while. The nurses consulted with Dr. Sadurski, who looked at my blood tests from this morning. All of my levels were good, most importantly the white cell count. This was probably the onset of an infection like the sore throat I was feeling. They called in a prescription for Azithromycin and told me to take Tylenol for the fever. After hovering around 101 for most of the evening, it started to break around 9:30. By 10:30, it was 98.8, practically normal.

This morning, I feel fine, except for the nagging soreness in the back of my throat. No fever since last night. Please pray that in the future, that I can avoid being exposed to little bugs like the one I caught yesterday. If my immune system takes a big hit from the chemo, even a small bug like this one could make me very sick. Thank you for your faithfulness to lift me and my family up daily. It means so much.

No comments: