Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hello Again...

Alright, I'll admit it. I have been a little slack in keep up the blog. Hopefully, I can catch everyone up this morning. A lot has happened since our last blog. I have returned to work full time and it has been a little exhausting. It seems the kids have had games almost every night, and we have been traveling all over the place to see them. Karen is still in tax season at her work, but April 15th we be here soon, and she is excited about that!

I had my first tests since my surgery, and the results were very good! We started the day with blood work, then a CT scan, then finally a chest x-ray. The tumor markers in the blood were well below normal levels. The CT scan showed only a 8.5 cm collection of fluid at the surgery site. They called this a post-surgical seroma, and they said it was normal. The chest x-ray was perfectly normal. GOD IS SO GOOD! Thank you for all of your prayers and support. Please continue to remember us, as I will have to do this again in a couple of months.

Karen continues to have some back pain, though the shots she gets from the pain center at the hospital seem to help. Her doctor seems to think that at some point, she will need surgery. Please pray for Karen that her back will feel better.

My mom is on her way to the hospital this morning, even as I am writing this. She has been having neck pain for a couple of weeks, and will be having surgery to fix three discs. Please lift her up as she recovers.

When I was home bound for so long, I bought a remote controlled model airplane as a project. I built it and learned to fly it while I was out of work. This is such a great hobby. I wish I had done this years ago. Yesterday, I went to the flying field and (against my better judgment) lashed my cell phone video camera to my plane. Off it went to a height of about 300 feet. I got some great video of our house and neighborhood... about a quarter of a mile away! Then I brought it back and had an uneventful landing. Whew! Karen would have had my behind if I had broke my phone. Since I didn't, I have decided that it's one of the coolest thing I have done in a long time!

No comments: