Welcome to our blog

We are the Rollers... Bryan, Karen, Blair, Blake, Karmen, and Kaelynn.

So glad you chose to visit our blog. We hope you enjoy following along.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day Two Done... 58 To Go!

Today, I got my first dose of Bleomycin. This is the one that carries probably the most serious risk of side effects. About 10% of patients treated can develop chemical pneumonitis, a condition that can decrease lung function, but can improve after treatment ends. About 1% of those can develop a condition called pulmonary fibrosis. You can't come back from that. Rare side effects, but worth noting. So far, nothing that severe.

I have managed to remain relatively side effect free so far. I have developed a burning sensation at times in my mouth and esophagus. They said the medicine could irritate them. It feels a little like heartburn. I also had a slight case of hiccups this afternoon, a side effect from the cisplatin. They gave me a prescription to relieve that.

Other than that, I feel pretty good. I owe it all to the grace of God and the many prayer warriors interceding on my behalf. Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Jamie Lou said...

Bryan,
You remain in our prayers. We count it a blessing to pray for you, our friend. I will certainly mention you again at choir practice this evening.
Glenn and Jamie Woodard