“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isa. 41:10)
For those of you who don't know me, I tend to be "slightly", ok let's be honest, "very" controlling. (In case you haven't guessed, this is Karen. HaHa) Isn't it funny how we learn lessons while in the midst of a storm. For one, there is not one thing that I can physically do about the storm that we find ourselves in. I can't make the tests "hurry" to normal, I can't take another step until someone tells me to move. (Kind of reminds me of the childhood game, Simon says...by the way, I never liked that game.) Anyway, waiting really gets to me, much more so than my very laid back husband, Bryan. Before Bryan and I started dating, he made a comment to my brother (his then best friend) that he pitied the man that married his younger sister. (It must have been the outgoing part of me that kind of shook him up.) A dear friend of ours, and also the one who sent me the scripture above, more than once reminded Bryan that, at that very moment, God took a note. It has been a funny joke to us all for several years now.
I believe that before I was born, God knew what I would become, who I would marry, how many children we would have and, yes, He also knew about the valley that we are going through right now. He knows it all and knows the outcome. In that, I find peace. Know that if you are in the midst of a storm that God is ready and willing to meet you where you are, just as He has and continues to do for us. Please continue to pray as there will be more tests on Monday. We covet your prayers and appreciate all of your many acts of kindness. We love you all.
For those of you who don't know me, I tend to be "slightly", ok let's be honest, "very" controlling. (In case you haven't guessed, this is Karen. HaHa) Isn't it funny how we learn lessons while in the midst of a storm. For one, there is not one thing that I can physically do about the storm that we find ourselves in. I can't make the tests "hurry" to normal, I can't take another step until someone tells me to move. (Kind of reminds me of the childhood game, Simon says...by the way, I never liked that game.) Anyway, waiting really gets to me, much more so than my very laid back husband, Bryan. Before Bryan and I started dating, he made a comment to my brother (his then best friend) that he pitied the man that married his younger sister. (It must have been the outgoing part of me that kind of shook him up.) A dear friend of ours, and also the one who sent me the scripture above, more than once reminded Bryan that, at that very moment, God took a note. It has been a funny joke to us all for several years now.
I believe that before I was born, God knew what I would become, who I would marry, how many children we would have and, yes, He also knew about the valley that we are going through right now. He knows it all and knows the outcome. In that, I find peace. Know that if you are in the midst of a storm that God is ready and willing to meet you where you are, just as He has and continues to do for us. Please continue to pray as there will be more tests on Monday. We covet your prayers and appreciate all of your many acts of kindness. We love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment